Beginners Functional Skills Maths
Select one of our outstanding part time courses
About our Beginners Functional Skills Maths Courses
The Beginners Functional Skills Maths course offers an excellent opportunity to gain a City & Guilds qualification in Mathematics, which is recognised by colleges and employers.
What you will learn
You will firstly work through an initial assessment to assess your current level of skills. From this we can determine what level you need to start at and which areas you will need to cover in order to gain your qualification.
Areas covered include:
- Understand and use numbers with one significant figure in practical contexts
- Describe the properties of size and measure, including length, width, height and weight, and make simple comparisons
- Describe position
- Recognise and select coins and notes
- Recognise and name common 2D and 3D shapes
- Sort and classify objects practically using a single criteria
How is the course assessed
This course is assessed by a formal paper based assessment.
Entry Level 1 Maths should be seen as a first step to developing skills which are essential for a range of employment opportunities.
How to applyApply online
Share our Outstanding Beginners Functional Skills Maths courses
What can I progress on to?
Functional Skills Maths at Entry 2 or Functional Skills English